Voting will take place from November 15-30th. Following is a list of candidates:
Secretary/Treasurer – Term of 2013-15
- Greg Miller, RPSGT – for re-election.
- Skills and Expertise: Previous experience on the MSET Board of Directors. Speakers at numerous MSET and CSET meetings.
- Why Become Part of Leadership: To use that experience and assist the new leadership in the development and training of technologists in Michigan.
- Contributions to the Field, and to MSET: Speaker on subjects of EEG and Sleep. Long history of dedication to the society, including several years served on Board and as Secretary/Treasurer.
Board Member – Term of 2013-15 – Voter may select two candidates
- Eileen Hyde, BS, R. EEG T., CNIM, CLTM – for re-election.
- Skills and Expertise: Full-time position in field. Instructor as Alpha Neuroscience Institute, with previous experience at Carnegie Institute. Employed in the field since the 70’s. Presented at several MSET meetings, and has served two years so far on the MSET Board of Directors.
- Why Become Part of Leadership: To have the opportunity to ensure that all technologists, of varying experience, are up to date and informed about the Neurodiagnostic field.
- Contributions to the Field, and to MSET: Primary interest is long term EEG monitoring in the EMU and ICU settings. Would like to help make further education through MSET affordable and interesting for all technologists. A passion for the field.
- Renee Krebs, R. EEG T.
- Skills and Expertise: Full-time position in field, including both EEG Technologist and Department Manager experience. Department services overseen include EEG, EMG, EMU, and EEG.
- Why Become Part of Leadership: Experience would be an asset to MSET and its members.
- Contributions to the Field, and to MSET: Extensive networking, for educational purposes as well as community epilepsy support. Promotion of externships and other educational opportunities. Assist with conference planning activities.
- Beata Czekaj
- Skills and Expertise: Increased enthusiasm and thirst for expansion of skillsets, that a tech new to the field uniquely brings to the table.
- Why Become Part of Leadership: To help grow the organization and assist with the educational development of all technologists.
- Contributions to the Field, and to MSET: Honors Graduate – Alpha Neuroscience Institute. Currently working in the field performing EEG, EMG, and EPs.
- Gayle Moriner, R. EEG/EP T., CNIM, CLTM
- Skills and Expertise: Veteran of 27 years in the field. Diverse employment background, from private practice to large academic centers. Education interest. Has watched the field grow, and was one of the first to attain the CLTM credential.
- Why Become Part of Leadership: Understands the need for a local/regional society, and the many facets/roles it plays in regard to technician education, particularly with those new to the field.
- Contributions to the Field, and to MSET: Experience giving yearly talks at the annual ASET meeting. Filled role as Board Examiner for ABRET on multiple occasions. Has been invited to speak on neurology topics for family practice residents, and had poster presentations at AES and ACNS.
Send completed ballots to:
Donna Jacobs, R. EEG T.
MSET Election Co-Chair
23093 Canary Avenue
Mattawan, MI 49071
Fax: (269) 341-7750